Monday, September 2, 2019

Chapter 5: Hecate's Mom

It was the year 2019, and one mom in particular had been searching for her daughter for a very long time. Helen was sitting in her living room, crying yet again because her daughter had been missing for a year as of that day. She heard her cell phone ring, so, wiping her tears out of her eyes, she answered it and said 
“Hello, this is Helen speaking.” 
“Hello Helen”, 
came from the other side. “
This is the police department, we have a lead on your missing daughters' case. She was just spotted at an airport in Caro, Egypt. We are alerting all police stations nearby to try and find her.” 
“Thank you for telling me, officer”, 
Helen responded.  

Looking behind her, she darted in and out of the crowds, trying to avoid most of the cameras so that she wasn’t seen. She was pretty sure that she had been spotted by a camera already, so she was trying to move faster then she normally did. Looking around, she tried to find out where the address was that she had for an ancient monk monastery. She spotted a monastery up on a hill and figured that it was probably the one she was looking for.  

It was another normal day for Idaeus, nothing out of the normal, until she arrived. He was walking past the doors and then he heard a loud banging, which was odd because most tourists were too wimpy to climb up the mountain to speak with the monks. He opened the door and saw a scrawny 15-year-old girl, with a big backpack and dressed in long, flowing tannish robes. 
“I wish to speak with the head master of this monastery”, 
the girl demanded. 
“Oh, uh, yeah sure, wait here a moment”, 
he responded. He was not used to seeing other people that were not monks here, and ever since Ono had left and become a terrible person, (especially with his awful name, I mean he had it coming. Just imagine giving birth. 
“Oh no honey, it’s a boy not a girl, what should we call it?”
 “Oh, I don’t know, maybe Oh no? Yeah, Oh no sounds GREAT, just fanst4stic.) they had been harsher on who they let in. Quickly getting the headmaster, he explained the situation to him, and they both rushed back down to the gates, where the girl was waiting. 
“Are you the headmaster?”, 
she asked. 
Yes I am, actually, the name is Brock. What do you need, young one?” 
I have a problem and I can’t control it.” 
“What kind of problem?”
 Holding out her hand, she made it a fist and then it started to glow a deep yellow. Taking a rock out of her bag with her other hand, she tossed it in the air then shattered it to pieces of dust with a punch from her glowing hand. 
“That kind of problem”, 
she said. 
“Oh dear, I haven’t seen a cause of this since 17 years ago. Come in, come in."   

Following the old bald man, Hecate listened to his story as they walked. 
“There was once a great and mighty god named Zeus. Thousands of years ago, he, like he usually does, fell in love with a woman, and they had a kid. But what Zeus didn’t know was that some of his power was given to the kid, and he cursed the entire generation, to be called freaks and made fun of, to be jeered at, and mocked. Only one ever rose and became the greatest hero that the world has ever seen. Since then, it has been passed down, every person in the family marrying, and giving their kid their gift.  

Now, the burden or "curse" as you might say, has been passed down to you. What will you choose to do with it?" 
"I want to use it to help people, for good",
 Hecate responded.
 "Ok, I can help you channel and control it."  

One day, during Hecate’s training, there was another long banging on the door, but this time, instead of one of the monks going to open the door, the door exploded and shot out fragments of wood all over, except for some of it, it suffered a much, much worse fate of being purely disincarnated on impact. Walking in through the now hole that was a door, was a woman looking VERY mad and annoyed. Idaeus and Brock cowered in the corners of the training field, fearing for their lives before her?  
“Mom?? Is that you?” 
inquired Hecate. 
“Hecate! Yes, its me! I’ve been looking for you since you left!” 
“Mom, you don’t understand, I might hurt you if I come home.”
 Holding out her hand, she summoned the fist power, and, it filled her whole hand with its brilliant glow. “Speaking of, how on earth did you knock down that door?” 
“It's not from earth, honey.”
 Holding out her own hand, she too, summoned the power of the fist. 
“Wait you have powers too?” 
Hecate asked. 
“Yes, I do, I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to know about it and the less you know about it, the less chance of summoning it on accident.” 
“You. Hide. The. One. Thing that made me special, and just decided to keep it from me?”
 Hecate said angrily. 
“Yes, I now see that was wrong.”
 Hecate screamed in rage, and charged her mother, jumping up then slammed into her with her fist. 

(So, I guess I’m going to tell you what happened, now, everyone else finally let me tell my own bit instead of doing it for me, ugh.) 

My vision was blurred red and I wasn’t sure what I was doing. All I knew was that I was mad and angry. I couldn’t remember why I was angry, it was just like when a bull saw red and charged. I had seen red so I must charge ahead. Me and my mother parried each other's blows, keeping them away from the other parts of our bodies besides our fist. She was a good fighter, I was pretty sure that she had training but I wasn’t so sure yet. She stumbled and I nearly punched her in the face but she rolled and the pavement got a nice looking upgrade, a fabulous hole. I could’ve sworn I had seen a table move, but I wasn’t paying much attention, I was paying more attention to killing my mom. Both Brock and Idaeus were on the sidelines, looking shocked and astonished at what we were doing. Finally my mom got a blow in, she didn’t make it a hard one, but enough to knock me out cold.  

“What do you think happened to her?” 
“I don’t know, Helen,” I heard Brock say as I groggily woke up. 
“One minute she was trying to protect you, next she was trying to bash your brains out.” 
“Well find out and don’t you dare call me Helen again.” 
“What's going on?”, I tried to inquiry. 
“Nothing, sweetie, you're going to be fine.” 
Ok, I was pretty sure I was going crazy because I definingly saw the table move behind them. 
“Ok, I know I just woke up from being knocked out, but I am sure I saw that table move behind you guys.” They all turned around and went to it. 

Brock surveyed the table. 
“Hmm, well it looks like a normal table. Wait hold on. These carvings on it. These aren't carvings we make. These are marks of an il-” 
lusionist.” 
The table butt in and finished his sentence for him. The table rose into the air and did a little twirl with a spin and out popped a tall man, dressed in black leather clothes. Everyone jumped back, away from the table, and screamed 
“A master one to be precise, because, you know, precision of language. Celestine DuBoise, at your service.” Here, he took a bow as he said his name. Both Hecate and Helen summoned their fists and trapped in the corner, threating him with them. 
“Ok, ok, chill ladies.” 
Tapping his finger to his forehead, he completely vanished and left a ring behind. Then the ring started taking off and running to the door. Hecate picked the ring up, and watched it struggle to escape her grasp. Eventually it stopped moving, then all of a sudden, Celestine DuBoise reappeared with one of his hands holding hers, he was sideways in the air so he spun around and kicked everyone in the face with his feet, then as Hecate dropped him because of his weight, he vanished again, only to reappear behind her, and kick her, then when she turned around, he was gone and  he kicked her from behind again, then took off down the hallway as a human. Springing out the door, Hecate and Helen quickly followed pursuit. They found him sitting outside on a stone, just sitting there. Before they could do anything, he tapped his finger to his forehead and everything changed about them. All of a sudden, they were in a huge stone castle, up on the walls and Celestine DuBoise was this huge giant version of himself. He had thick obsidian plated chest plate on, probably as thick as a house. He had less thicker diamond leggings on, with spiked iron boots on. He had spikes coming out of his diamond gloves, and he held this enormous diamond/obsidian mixed helmet in his hands, Raising his hands skywards, he put his helmet on and clacked in evil laughter, like the evil kings of old, just like the one that Xanthus ended, and lightning storms started forming, with tornados, and hurricanes, and a heavy hail storm started. Within seconds, the ground was covered with snow. As he starting coming over to the castle, Hecate and her mom looked at each other, looked back at him, then back at him and started running as fast as they could in the opposite direction. With each step he took towards them, he covered as much distance that would take them minutes. He quickly got over to them and picked them up in his hands. 
“Not so big now, are you, huh?”, 
he inquired. All of a sudden, the whole world started tilting to the side. They all opened their eyes, and Hecate with her mom found themselves on the ground. As they sat up, they saw Brock smashing a real table over Celestine’s head and making his head go to the side. He quickly vanished into a blade of grass and started running for his life as Brock chased after him. 
“Come back you scallywag, I’ll show you how we treated the grass back in my days!” 

I then turned to my mom and we both burst out laughing. 
So what’s the game plan now Mom?”, I asked. 
Well.. While hunting for you, I found other people with powers. Their living in forest, a Shaman and a Water Bender. I was thinking we could try to get their help to fight Celestine.” 
(Or you know, HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO KILL HIM BECAUSE SOMEONE WON’T TELL ME NOTHIN ABOUT HIM.... NOTHIN I SAY, EXCEPT ”ooo he bends reality and plays with your head”-_- whoopy do diddley doodle dance, now I know EVERYTHING that there is to know about him now, EVERYTHING I say.... >_< there's a reason I'm calling you a evil king you know.....) “
Ok, Let’s go.” (FOOTNOTE START) They actually stayed there and looked into the sunset for the next 3 days none stop talking. (FOOTNOTE END) (And eating chocolate) 

No comments:

Post a Comment